1) Barack Obama is bi-racial with a white mother and African father from Kenya. His parents met in 1960 in a Russian class at the University of Hawai at Manoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship.
2) Barack Obama was born August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. He lived in Indonesia for four years with his mother and stepfather before returning to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents.
3) As a teenager Barack Obama worked at Baskin-Robbins and because of eating too much ice-cream now he says he don’t like ice-cream.
4) Barack Obama owns a pair of boxing gloves owned by Muhammad Ali.
5) Obama’s favorite sport is basketball. With his 6’1 ½ height; it adds to his advantage on the basketball court.
6) Obama once said the three men he admired the most were Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King, Jr.
7) Barack is the first U.S. president to endorse same-sex marriage but says the legal issue should be up to the states.
8) Obama’s admitted having experimented with marijuana and cocaine as a teenager.
9) There is a wooden hand holding an egg on the President’s desk. Sounds strange, but it’s not strange in Kenya. It is actually a Kenyan symbol for the fragility of life.
10) Obama had won the Grammy Awards for Best Spoken Word Album audiobook versions of Dreams from My Father in February 2006 and for The Audacity of Hope in February 2008.