1) Ratan Tata was born on 28 December 1937 in a rich family. His parents got separated few years later and he and his brother Jimmy were raised by his Grandmother.
2) In 1961 he got a Job Opportunity from IBM but rejected it, He joined his family Business but started from bottom.
He initially started on the shop floor of Tata Steel, shovelling limestone and handling the blast furnace.
3) Under His Leadership Tata Group saw consistent success with increase in revenue every year.
He acquired Jaguar, Corus, Land Rover and Tetley which turned an Indian company into global business players.
4) Ratan Tata was named as Forbes’ Asian Businessman of the Year in 2005.
He also received Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhsuhan in 2000 and 2008 Respectively.
5) He loves to drive his own Ferrari California car during his free time.
He is now enjoying the retirement life in Mumbai, India.
6) Ratan Tata took over the chairmanship from his uncle J.R.D Tata after he stepped down in 1991.
7) Ratan Tata has served as a board member of various organizations such as, Mitsubishi Corporation, Booz Allen Hamilton, J P Morgan Chase and more.
8) Ratan Tata also invested his money in many companies like Ola Cabs, Paytm, Snapdeal, etc.
9) Ratan Tata also had the honor of being knighted as the ‘Honorary Knight’ Commander Of The Order Of The British Empire.
10) Ratan Tata masterminded the concept of reaching out to the public with the ‘People’s Car’ named as Tata Nano, which was launched in 2008 and was priced at Rs. 1 lakh.